Deploying an app
To deploy an app into cluster, please run
datacol deploy command. It will
- Upload source code into Google Storage
- Build Docker image from
- Deploy service into Kubernetes cluster
- Optionally waits for LoadBalancer to allocate IP
datacol deploy -h NAME: deploy - deploy an app in cluster USAGE: deploy [command options] [arguments...] OPTIONS: --image value, -i value docker image to use --port value, -p value service port (default: 8080) --build value, -b value Build id to use --wait, -w Wait for the app become available
In order to deploy an app, you should have
Dockerfile at root of the project having -
- The Dockerfile must use the EXPOSE directive to expose exactly one port.
- That port must be listening for an HTTP connection.
- The Dockerfile must use the CMD directive to define the default process that will run within the container.
- The Docker image must contain bash to run processes.
By default, we start containers to listen on 8080 port, If your app listens on different port, Please set PORT as an environment variable.
datacol env set PORT=3000